Back to Ganoksin | FAQ | Contact

Refinishing the pins on Cavallin rolling mill

I have an older cavallin electric rolling mill and would like to have the pins refinished.
Does any one know where I can send these to have this work done properly?
Thanks

Are pins rollers? That being the case, there is a lot in the archives about this subject.

Yes there is one set of flat rollers and one set to make wire. I kinda let them go for a while and while they are still in pretty good shape I would like to have them look like new and keep up on the maintenance .
Thanks.

I polish mine with simichrome polish and then oil with 3 in 1…Rob

I use a bicycle storage bag from a company named Zerust, the rust prevention lasts for 2 years. Quick and easy, I just put the bag over the mill at the end of the day. Have used their drawer liners and tubes that you cut to length for shotgun barrels for years. Never had a problem with rust on anything. I believe they were purchased from Amazon.

Thank You.

I found a company to refinish my pins . I will take better care of them for sure.

Company in PA

Dura Metals

Thank you

I found a company in PA Dura Metals to refinish my rollers. Now I will take better care of them

Thank you all for your response. I did get the Zerust bag and all your posts were very helpful. I will try to remember to give you an update on how the refinishing works out in case any one ever needs the service.
Thank you again.