Questionning!

Hi, Everyone! I dont know where i can buy this wood thing in this belowing picture. Can anyone tell me what is it call, and how to buy or how make it !

1 Like

This is called a necklace mandrel. You can buy them in polished and plated cast iron from all the standard tool suppliers and even from some discount vendors on Amazon. I don’t know of any wooden ones currently being made.

1 Like

While there are such things as necklace mandrels, made typically in cast iron, which allow you to hammer a neck piece into shape against them, I think this wooden piece is simply an old display fixture. If you do an image search for “wooden necklace display” you’ll find quite a few, although an antique like this one will be more difficult to track down.

You could, of course, carve one yourself from a block of wood, assuming you’ve got the tools, skills, and time to do it.

1 Like

Check out old costume departments. I’ve seen something along the lines of this, but it was a full mannequin dress makers in the 1800s used. This looks like it was cut from an old piece that was probably damaged. I would never have thought of doing this, but it really looks good.

Aggie buying water ahead of Hurricane Dorian

Rio sells several in different sizes and colors. Search https://www.riogrande.com/ for ‘necklace display bust’. These would be for display / photography purposes, not forging.

Here are two:

Neil A

1 Like

Looks like a stump with part of the root base attached that someone dug up then hand carved / sanded to final shape.

Kay

We carry a steel-plated necklace mandrel for $26.23. We require a $100 minimum purchase though, so I’m not sure if that would be any cheaper…
image https://www.halsteadbead.com/x235

Depending on where you live, which country, if not N. America or Europe, woodworkers might be cheap and then you could get one to carve one out of wood. This looks especially interesting because of it being old and cracked. I lived in Asia for many years and I know it would be east to get someone to carve one and organize it to look old. And cheaply.

Good luck.

Sharron in Mexico at the beach

hoangphat2018

August 29

Hi, Everyone! I dont know where i can buy this wood thing in this belowing picture. Can anyone tell me what is it call, and how to buy or how make it !

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

Brought to you by:

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

–
very sorry, but i cannot write capital letters as i can only use my left hand and i am right handed. an accident has left me this way for at least quite a few months more.