Pripps flux and spray bottles

I’ve never had trouble getting complete coverage even on large areas. Sand before applying. If the area is already polished and you don’t want to sand it, heat gently, place on a steel block and put a small steel block on top (they absorb the heat). I usually use a borax cone rubbed in a couple of drops of distilled water for flux. The only thing that would keep it from covering is a greasy/oily spot.

Janet in Jerusalem

Hi,

I an just posting this in case it might be of help anyone with issues Prips flux…

i have struggled with application…

my latest process seems to work well…

(I am still using a trigger spray bottle that does sprays a full area, versus the type that only sprays a halo with no center coverage)…

instead of using my smith torch to heat the metal required for a frosty application, i tried using my butane torch…and i am finding success at last…

it is probably the lower/ slower heat up?…and some unknown mental adjustment from using the butane torch…

but! it is working well!

just thought i would mention

(using the mouth atomizer sprayer was unsuccessful…i was not able to handle using 2 hands and my mouth/ lungs and my brain all at the same time…perhaps i will reattempt with butane torch…)

julie

1 Like

Hi,

after years of trying different sprayers and spray bottles for my Prips/ Pripps flux, I have finally found a spray bottle that works consistently and sprays a small mist…cross your fingers that it keeps working!…

i had an empty Bactine spray bottle, which had a plunger type sprayer on top, and decided to try it with the Prips…i figured “why not!…

it works great, and keeps on working!

perhaps because the spray bottle’s performance is an important part of their products application, they have selected a superior type of spray bottle!…perhaps spray bottles that have to oerform to specifications are a better option for Prips flux…

kinda like how catsup consistency is tested!

i have been using generic spray bottles in the past…they fail after 5-4 sprays…so annoying!

julie

3 Likes