Orchid Visitor Statistics

Orchidians -

Today is my birthday (I am on the wrong side of 35 now, I just turned 36). As I reflect on the last year, one of the things I am most proud of is the work we have all done together on this incredible community. I remain incredibly grateful to all of you – I didn’t know how this transition would go, but this community embraced me with open arms and has been nothing but supportive.

And here are some of the early results from the Orchid re-launch (which officially went live on September 21, 2016).

When I first took over Orchid, the archive was not searchable, and was poorly indexed by Google. The 250,000 individual pages attracted only around 300 visitors per day, despite being the authority resource for jewelry makers.

Yesterday, January 30th we attracted 1,900 visitors, which is now near our daily average and climbing. This is just the Orchid forums, and does not include Ganoksin.com.

What this means is that because of YOUR efforts and YOUR participation, around 60,000 people each month are using Orchid as a resource. That’s almost 700,000 people per year visiting Orchid.

Now keep in mind of course, the vast majority of those people are free visitors landing on Q&A in the forum directly from Google… the entire archive is free. So people all over the world can access this amazing resource that this community has built together over 20 years. The world’s jewelers are better educated because of you guys, and they are being given access to more information than ever before – subsidized by your participation, your generous membership fees, and the generous support of our sponsors.

Thanks for making this an awesome birthday, and keep making amazing art.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday ……… On

Andy “The Tool Guy” Kroungold
Director Tool Sales & Stuller Bench
Stuller Inc.
P 1-800-877-7777 ext 4191 or 4194

1 Like

Happy birtday and keep on going.

Thank you for making this possible for every level and every person.
But forget about “the job” and statistics, enjoy a wonderful day!

Best regards,
Pedro

1 Like

Happy Birthday. Keep up the great work. I just bought a membership and I am excited to participate more.

1 Like

Congratulations & Thank you!

1 Like

Happy Birthday and thank you for all your work.

1 Like

Happy Birthday and great work. Thank you.

1 Like

Happy Birthday! Thank You so much your hard work it has really paid off for
all of us.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Seth!

Congratulations on a job well done.

Best Regards
Franz

1 Like

Hi Seth,

Re the original post of yours,
para 4 line 2, is it therefore correct for me to assume that the world at large can read all the forum messages and see all the pictures of posters work?

Would be useful for me to know.
thanks
Ted.

Birthy Hapday Seth. What good work you do! Many more too.
Judy in Kansas, who is looking forward to the Orchid gathering

1 Like

Hi Ted - the short answer is yes, and it always has been that way.

The longer answer is addressed in this thread (see my Oct-16 reply). Question the forums choice to repost very old thread - #4 by seth-ganoksin-admin

Best

Seth

Happy birthday baby! Wish I could be 36 again!

1 Like

Dear Seth,

Happy Birthday and thank you for all the fine work you’re doing with Ganoksin. You are correct, it is a wonderful
community.

We have yet to meet but I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Munya Avigail Upin and I’ve been a
metalsmith for over 40 years. I currently co-own ALCHEMY 9•2•5, a contemporary jewelry and fine
craft gallery in Belmont Center. I’m also an instructor and former board member at Metalwerx. Please
stop by the store when you’re in the neighborhood and say hello.

Have a great birthday celebration!

Hi @munya1! Thanks for the note. I am a big supporter of Metalwerx. Karen Christians first introduced me to it, and I talk to @LindsayM often :slight_smile: Also, coincidentally, I live in Lincoln right near Belmont. Lisa and my good friend Leigh used to have a store “Marmalade” in Belmont Center, but I think it has been taken over by a new owner now…

Dear Seth,

ALCHEMY 9•2•5 in Belmont is doing a “call for entries”. Would you be able to post this information for us? We’ll look forward to hearing from
you. I’ve attached all the information.

Thanks very much, Seth.

All the best,

Munya Avigail Upin

48 Leonard Street
Belmont, MA 02478
617-484-9250
www.alchemy925.com

1 Like

You can post it in “Jewelry Discussion” as it’s own thread - no problem :slight_smile:

Thanks Seth.

Please come visit the gallery when you have a moment.

All the best,
Munya

48 Leonard Street
Belmont, MA 02478
617-484-9250
www.alchemy925.com