Need guidance

Bravo! Let’s keep it constructive. After all, that’s what we’re all good at…

1 Like

Just an observation. It seems like if you want more activity on the forum you need to be willing to let it get a little contentious. Orchid was never so active as it was when The late Leonid was stirring the pot (or the crucible). When everyone is nice as pie it gets a little thin, post wise.

I’m not encouraging that, I tend to avoid conflict myself. Just something I’ve noticed.

I am surprised that this ihas happened.

The gentleman in question has asked for complete clarity on his customs form. I lived in Scotland and I never ask for a false declaration…what if he is caught…it would mean fines…DO YOU THINK THE CUSTOMS OFFICERS ARE FOOLS AND HAVE NO IDEA OF VALUES? so what is wrong with clarity?

This lady may be hard working but she isn’t taking the time to read her emails it seems…nor providing the right stuff…perhaps she needs to hire some new staff who will oblige by filling the order correctly. Living abroad I do realise how frustrating it is, if you buy something and have the wrong item sent…especially when it means returning it, customs declarations and all the paperwork hassle. So what’s wrong with getting it right the first time?

THESE ARE HER CUSTOMERS, IF SHE ISN’T INTERESTED IN SORTING OUT SOMEONE WHO SPENDS A 1000 DOLLARS HOW DOES SHE FEEL ABOUT THE SMALL BUYER ?

I AM SURPRISED SHE HASN’T MADE THIS ORDER A PRIORITY AND THE GENTLEMAN HAS HAD TO RESORT TO THE COMMUNITY FOR HELP IN SORTING IT OUT.

HOPEFULLY WE WILL HEAR THAT IT HAS ALL BEEN A MISUNDERSTANDING AND IT IS NOW SORTED OUT.

@Inverdon77

You should learn a bit about what this company sells before you assume that $1000. is a large purchase.

If you actually read Muhammad Suhail’s posts in this thread, and while you’re at it, read all of his posts on this website (which will take less than two minutes of your time), you might have learned that he considered this a small and unimportant purchase.

Since he claims to frequently import much more expensive machines, do you actually think he never encountered incorrect international paperwork before? What do you think he expected would be sorted out here that he does not already know? What do you think COULD be sorted out here about his transaction?

His intentions are OBVIOUS. How dare he attempt to put any company on trial in absentia, disguised as asking for advice, and I am surprised that anyone would fall for his ruse.

I am not judging the man or the woman…I am a small buyer and to me a purchase over a $1000 would be a fairly hefty buy. I would be most upset if I had been given slap dash paperwork. Wrong amount, wrong company and order paid by bankers draught up front and in good faith…yes banks do charge collection fees…and customs collect charges for VAT, import duties and they even apply it on the freight charges. But I would assume it would be all upfront and honest between buyer and seller. …these charges happen and you would be silly to ignore them when you are buying from abroad.

As a seller she should have made it clear, there would be additional charges, and as a buyer he should have realised that there would likely be other charges, both a bit silly in my opinion. But easily resolved.

But a lack of proper response to his emails really is a shame. This could have been resolved amicably without much difficulty… regardless of his previous emails. Your customers are your business, and if they are not happy they will let you know. Their complaints should have been dealt with in a friendly manner, clearly stating the sellers position and what solution they hoped to provide the buyer. It could have cleared up in a minute if either picked up the phone and sorted through the problem…a Little concession on either side would have gone a long way to healing the rift. You want your customers as repeat buyers, You want your suppliers to think of you first when you are a good buyer and they have a new product that might just what you are looking for. That’s the win- win situation.

2 Likes

Exactly right. Well said. Win-win, it’s easy to do.

@Inverdon77

If you believe you had done everything you could do to please a customer who will not be satisfied, and then he threatened you, would you continue to communicate with him?

At some point, you have to cut your losses and quit beating a dead horse.

Is this man one of your customers? Is it you he is talking about? You are taking this very personally?

I am sure it is easier to give up than beat a dead horse…but I have not seen any threats in the discourse. I THINK IT”S WORTH TRYING TO END SUCH A DISAGREEMENT WITH PERSEVERANCE AND POLITESSE>

IN SOME WAYS IT”S EASIER TO JUST OUT_NICE THE OTHER PERSON>>>IT USUALLY WORKS.

I WISH BOTH PEOPLE GOOD LUCK.

Please STOP THIS NONSENSE Please.

1 Like

Thanks “rwade1”, can’t these folks use ordinary emails like the rest of ‘us’??..;(

Gerry! On my Teaching iPhone!

@Inverdon77

I thought you actually read his posts. Maybe you missed the threat in his second post, which is post #5 in this thread:

“…we wrote her that we are going to complain to US Embassy, Chamber of commerce and IRS…”

I do not know nor do I have any involvement with anyone on either side of his issue, nor do I need to be involved with them in order to point out what some folks are willing to ignore, due to not reading or a lack of comprehension.

If you need help with reading comprehension, I can make a bullet point listing of his own words that collectively reveal his motives.

Regardless of how you interpret his words, you are supporting someone who is maligning a company that does not have a representative here to share the other side of his convoluted story. And sadly, that is the most polite description possible.

I have an Masters degree in English Lit and so I can read…however it does not make me unable to read…or like you , read what has not been written. Where else can this chap go to get a response from a recalcitrant seller. Just because he writes this, it does not read as a threat…he just wants a proper response. I am no longer going to respond to your witless arguments. Really , this is getting too silly.

I think you need to get your brain engaged in something more productive. Start thinking positively, and less negatively. It will improve your outlook.
Good Luck.

1 Like

I suggest she takes an ESL class…a.k.a. “English, as a Secondary Language"
and move these irritating posting to a little new invention called
"emails”. I just keep hitting the “delete” button. “Kicking a dead horse is
a waste of time”, move on, turn the page, and lastly, enjoy your life!..:>)

*Gerry Lewy *
Toronto.

• (905) 886-5961 *
1 Like

Nasty and unproductive exchanges will NEVER resolve this. It’s between the two parties. One more post on this sorry subject and I’m off this forum for good. Life’s too short for this BS. Over to you lot!

gerry, you can always hit the blue button on the right side of the thread and select “mute”. No more notifications and life is good! :wink:

@Inverdon77

So you finally decided to read a little of what you have been blindly defending. But you seem to have missed the fact that there were ongoing responses from the seller until this threat ended them.

I would have stopped communication with him the moment he accused my company of not reporting the revenue.

What do you think the US Embassy, Chamber of Commerce and the IRS will do to help sort out his issues? He doesn’t know that his complaint would have ended up in their circular file. The point is he used a threat.

As I have said from the beginning, his whining about this issue is useless, and I believe he started this thread to damage the reputation of that company.

Right, I’m off this forum. I’m too old to spend time in a playground. Very surprised moderators haven’t shut down this ‘debate’.
Good luck all.

If you think that this was bad, I could send you to a few more who are worse. Before you leave ‘us’ contact Seth or Leah at the Ganoksin h.q.
This has really gone on too damn long and very irritating and childlike…;(
I’ve even suggested emailing, but to no avail!.;(
Gerry! On my Teaching iPhone!

Hi everyone. We decide to lock this thread. It’s always tough to know when to put the brakes on free and open discussion and when to let it be, but clearly it’s time to lock it given the complaints. We will likely end up removing the thread as well at some point.

1 Like