Modified grounding lead- for my pulse arc welder

Hi,

i am trying to improve the ergonomics of holding things to the grounding lead, while pulse arc welding…

sometimes the alligator clips, or steel tweezers/ pliers make holding pieces awkward…

i talked to orion today and he said i could make something out of copper, and then clip the aligator lead to that…

so, i made a sort of fingertip ring/ thimble…it works pretty well so far…i shall continue to improvise…

i thought i would share what i did so far, in event that it might be thought provoking for others in need of alternate solutions to the standard implements provided…

![image|375x500]
(upload://g2omgBteDMQTZSeVfCetbqk2IPr.jpeg)

julie

1 Like

I do both what you have posted and use a small flat grounded steel plate on which I place what I am welding. Keeping the grounding clip or plier in contact with what you are welding is a pain, but, as you point out, there are work arounds…Rob

2 Likes

Hi,

regarding my modified copper ring lead, i should also say practice caution and best practices whenever welding.

i make no statements as to safety of the experimental copper ring lead example i have shown.

julie

An early version of the PUK had a handy 3" steel disc attached to the ground wire that was handy. A bit fidgety to get a good connection to the disc.

1 Like