Back to Ganoksin | FAQ | Contact

Maureen Brusa Zappellini - Jewelry Gallery

Metalsmithing discovered me back in 1986 when I couldn’t get a job during summers home from college. The owner of my mother’s favorite jewelry store took pity on a scruffy artsy punk rock girl and offered to take me in as an apprentice. worked my bondoonie off. 6 days a week that first summer, driving 30 miles each way from my home in New Hampshire to the coastal town Ogonquit Maine, and Perkins Cove. Believe me, I went through a Huge amount of silver that first month! (thank God for refining) All summer I mostly made silver chain and earrings…nothing too exciting but great practice. Invaluable.
By the end of that first summer, I could solder like a madwoman and forge chain like a pirate…And I was HOOKED on Metalsmithing for life!
Many years later now I am still going strong, showing in galleries, teaching, goldmithing for a friend’s successful mokume ring business, selling online… I absolutely love my career, and I think my passion for the craft of metalsmithing is reflected in my work.

Fabricated and original design cast components with stone chip inlays and mixed metals on rubber or leather strap with sterling buckle closures. each piece is one of a kind and composed with collage assemblage aesthetic. photo credit: Robin Sanford, Tucson AZ

Gear pendant group

"Gear" pendants are hand assembled from cast original components and hand pierced and colored insets. Strung on Leather, Cotton or Rubber cord (custom ordered by customer). Photo by artist

Key to everything

Hand fabricated and Cast parts make up this one of a kind “Key to Everything” This is the first of a series, starting in 2009. Key is made of Bronze, sterling Brass with a touch of copper and silver mokume. 2mm cz stitch set in center of the key’s head, for a little sparkle. Strung to order on customer’s cord of choice. Photo by artist.