Marj Sula Aquino - Jewelry Gallery

Manila, Philippines

A restless summer in Southern California led me to my first class in jewelry design and fabrication. Inspired at having been able to make a perfect bezel on Day 1, I knew that metalsmithing would be, from then on, a source of my life’s pleasures. My work reflects much of the place where it all began. Warm. Eclectic. Whimsical. Elegant. Crafted primarily in Copper and Silver using various traditional techniques, each piece is a tactile, miniature sculpture in itself. Gemstones, dichroic glass, precious metal clay or unusual found objects add another dimension to each unique project.

This is part of a collection called “inSPIRALed”,which brings together my attraction to the spiral form and the magic that is infused by the torch. By mixing cast pieces with fabricated elements that have been enhanced by piercing and reticulation, the result is a pleasing juxtaposition of metal wires and sheets that shows femininity, fluidity and movement.

Materials: Sterling Silver, Black Onyx, Coated Brass Chain
Dimensions: 2.5 x 2.0 inches

Cast bail on fabricated sterling silver sheet. Pendant has been treated with a vintage style patina.

Photo credit: Arnie Del Parto

Tryst / You & Me / Fantasia

Materials: Sterling Silver
Dimensions: 6.5 x 1.0 / 6.5 x 0.5 / 6.5 x 1.0 inches

Stacking Cuffs made from heavy gauge sterling silver sheets. Each cuff was textured by reticulation and punched/drilled for design accents.

Water Creature

Materials: Sterling Silver, Copper, Dichroic Glass
Dimensions: 4.0 x 3.0 inches

This piece mixes cast and fabricated elements. The pendant made of sterling silver and copper dangles from an omega chain. A dichroic glass cabochon accent repeats the copper hue and unites the look.

Twisted Heart

Materials: Sterling Silver, Copper Tubing, Murano, Freshwater Pearl, Coated Brass Chain
Dimensions: 2.0 x 1.75 inches

Cast sterling silver. Pendant has been treated with a vintage style patina and accented with a single freshwater rice pearl and Murano bead dangling from a copper tubing.

Spring Creek

Materials: Sterling Silver, Blue Sapphire, Coated Brass Chain
Dimensions: 2.0 x 1.80 inches

A cast sterling silver pendant with floral imprints. It has been treated with a vintage style patina and accented with a single blue sapphire.

Maiden Warrior

Materials: Sterling Silver, Jasper, Agate
Dimensions: 2.75 x 2.5

This is a cast piece with floral designs accented with Chinese Painting Jasper & Agate wrapped in sterling bezels. It hangs from an omega chain, also in sterling.