Marie Layne Ash - Jewelry Gallery

marieash.com
Athens, GA. USA

I am a full time student finishing up my Art Education Degree. I recently quit my job to work in the studio doing what I enjoy most. Just outside my studio is our organic garden. I practice a sustainable living by growing my own food, composting, reusing, and recycling. In this world of mass production, I have become a strong advocate for supporting handmade art and locally grown, organic produce.

I have been collecting rocks my entire life. In 2002, I began traveling the United States prospecting at numerous mines. I learned the basics of silversmithing while briefly working as an apprentice under a bench jeweler. My skills progressed and were self-taught. I am a member of MAGMA as well as the Athens Gem and Mineral Club. My goal is to share my love for rocks and minerals and continue learning the art of lapidary.

Materials: Sterling Silver, Variscite
Dimensions: 13mm x 15 mm

Variscite bezel set in Sterling Silver. Fabricated, Forged, Soldered, Oxidized and brushed.

Photo credit: Marie Layne Ash

Raw Pyrite

Materials: Pyrite specimen, Sterling Silver
Dimensions: 25mm 13mm

Raw Pyrite specimen bezel set in Sterling Silver. Forged, soldered, oxidized and brushed.

Untitled

Materials: Labradorite, Sterling Silver
Dimensions: 1.5" x 1.5"

Labradorite bezel set in Sterling Silver. Fabricated, forged, soldered, oxidized and polished.

Seraphinite Pendant

Materials: Seraphinite, Sterling Silver
Dimensions: 2.0" x 3.0"

Seraphinite from Russia bezel set in Sterling Silver. Fabricated, Forged, Pierced, Soldered, Oxidized and Polished.