It's maintenance time
It's the begining of the month so don't forget to:
1) Blowdown your boiler type steamers and fix any leaks.
2) Get your handpieces tuned up if they are having problems, like
vibrating or getting hot.
3) Make sure your flexshafts are properly lubricated. Replace
brushes/shafts/sheaths if needed.
4) Drain the water/oil and flush your vacuum pumps. Change damaged
hoses. Clean/replace any filters. Replace gauges.
5) Make sure your pyrometers/oven/oven controllers are calibrated. On
electric ovens with exposed elements, check for any hot spots. If any
are visible order a new element to have on hand when the one in the
oven goes bad.
6) Check the oil in your air compressor and drain the water, change
air line filters and desicant if needed. Fix any air line leaks.
7) Check all connections on your torches for tightness and hoses for
wear. Replace worn hoses, o-rings and damaged fittings.
8) Wipe down your ultrasonic with a water dampened cloth (this should
actually be done every day).
9) Wipe down your tumblers with a water dampened cloth.
10) Check your ventilation system for proper suction. Clean or
11) Clean your buffing station including the motor.
12) Check calibration on scales.
The most important item here.
13) If there are signs of wear or a problem is starting to appear get
the equipment fixed now. It will cost much less now than waiting for
the equipment to completely stop working.
For more detailed explanations on how to perform any of these
functions let me know and I will be happy to help.