We're a retail jewelry store located in Northern California looking
for a reliable lapidarist to provide basic services such as:
- Repair inlay (opal, turquoise, onyx, etc.)
- Provide and custom cut odd shaped stones to fit customers' jewelry
- Recut and polish chipped and abraded stones
Really, pretty basic services. Good, and consistent work is an
obvious requirement, but I am also looking for a company that can:
- Use common sense and treat my customers' jewelry with care (eg.
- in a padded envelope only - an heirloom, platinum filigree ring
that's been in my customer's family for 80+ years, causing nearly
irreparable damage... mmm, am I still bitter?)
- Good communication skills (eg. if you have a question, call and
ask it, don't wait for me to realize my job is long overdue only to
call you and find out that an unasked question has put the job on
hold for 2 weeks)
- Don't think it's an acceptable business practice to invoice us at
60% above the quoted price.
We have three goldsmiths at the bench, so it goes without saying
that we do a fair amount of repair work. It would be really nice to
build a relationship with someone... worth building a relationship
with! Here's to hoping one of you Orchidians can help me out.
Spinelle Fine Jewelers
1232 First Street
Napa, CA 94559