Looking for blanks for steel stamps

You can buy tool steel or drill rod from multiple sellers including Online Metals. Both cylindrical and square form are available. You might be able to order a length and hav a local machine shop cut it to length.
I have had good success making gravers, not such good success engravingšŸ˜Ž however.
Some hardware stores, not HD or Loweā€™s, carry drill rod an acceptable material for your use.
Hope this helps.

here is a great book an making stampsā€¦

julie

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Stamping-Matthieu-CheminƩe/dp/1929565828/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2OURVK9RW2CL4&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.BM24ptA7SIawM9zm4UMoUw.fXqcggVp9coK26i8-0HWFuoyJXAaSOIjnBaGifzaR7c&dib_tag=se&keywords=cheminee+stamping+book&qid=1715702151&sprefix=cheminee+stamping+book%2Caps%2C137&sr=8-1

There is a Facebook page called ā€œ Jewelry making tools - New and Usedā€. You could check into that. Iā€™ve seen stamps for sale posted there.

I scored a lifetime supply of free tool blanks when my buildingā€™s garage door was fixed: the counter eeight spring is 7/16" 5160 steel. A blacksmth buddy helped me straighten and cut some of it.
Check your neighbourhood for industrial door contractors. It is scrap to them

1 Like