Katarina (Galic) Cudic - Jewelry Gallery

Born: 1978, Serbia

I have been involved in the jewelry industry as I was very small. I grow up in father’s goldsmith studio, so I am not able to imagine myself to do something other then art jewelry.

With years, it came a desire for further improvement so I started studies at the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade (Serbia, exYugoslavia), department of Art History, and that studies, letter, resulted with my Msc thesis based on medieval history of jewelry. Wish for education and training led me to Italy, where, at jewelry school Le Arti Orafe in Florence, I have learned a lot about making jewelry.

Time I have spent in researching the history of jewelry and years that I have spent in Italian workshop, had big influence on my work. Namely, at the same time I try to reconcile what traditional and contemporary, both in terms of techniques and materials, as well as in design.
My pieces are strong individualized and unique, while I am always strive to achieve harmony between wearable and artistic. I never forget that jewelry is much more than an ornament and that, like every other artistic medium has its own language and meanings.

For me and my work everything can be an inspiration, and in that sense my last collection is inspired by that small signs which show us the right way in our everyday life, signpost along the road.

SIGNPOSTS, 2010, necklace, chasing & repousse ; oxidized silver & gold

SIGNPOSTS, 2010, ring, chasing & repousse ; oxidized silver & gold

SIGNPOSTS, 2010, ring, chasing & repousse ; oxidized silver & gold

SIGNPOSTS, 2010, chasing & repousse ; oxidized silver & gold

SIGNPOSTS, 2010, chasing & repousse ; oxidized silver & gold