Judith Altruda - Jewelry Gallery

Tokeland, WA. USA

judithaltruda.com

My jewelry is hand fabricated using a variety of metal smithing processes. Everything is made in my studio in Tokeland Washington, on the Willapa Bay. Most pieces are one of a kind. Metals such as shibuichi, copper, silver and gold are often used and mixed within the same piece. To get the textures that evoke what I see on the beach, I often etch the metal in acid and proceed from there. I love the classic form of ancient jewelry. Recently I have been studying and using ancient metal working techniques, including the use of rocks as tools to form metal. It is much slower going, but to me, best serves the purpose.

Materials: Victorian era sea glass, etched copper, reticulated silver. Dimensions: 2"x 1"

Sea glass found on the coast of England is prong set with etched copper and reticulated silver band.

Photo credit: Marcy Merrill

2 Likes

Aphrodite Ring

Materials: ancient Greek coin, 18kt gold, reticulated silver
Dimensions: size 8

Authentic ancient Greek silver coin circa 200 B.C. is set in 18kt gold with reticualted silver band.

2 Likes

Spyglass Ring

Materials: Victorian era sea glass, etched copper, reticulated silver.
Dimensions: 2"x 1"

Sea glass found on the coast of England is prong set with etched copper and reticulated silver band.

1 Like

Year of the Horse Ring

Materials: Ancient Greek bronze coin, 22KT gold, silver
Dimensions: size 7

Ancient Greek coin circa 277 B.C. is set in 22KT gold bezel with ancient style hand fabricated silver ring shank and 22KT gold accents.

1 Like

Apothecary Ring

Materials: Victorian era sea glass, silver
Dimensions: size 7

Victorian era bottle stopper fragment found on the NE coast of England is rivet set on ancient style silver ring shank.

2 Likes

Octopus Ring

Materials: ancient Greek coin, 18KT gold, reticualted silver
Dimensions: size 9

ancient Greek coin from Syracuse Sicily is set in 18kt gold with reticulated silver band.

1 Like

Athena Cuff

Materials: shibuichi, 22KT gold, silver, amazonite
Dimensions: 2.5"H x5"

Cuff bracelet is made from Shibuichi alloy etched with Japanese textile design,anti clastic formed, with silver rivets and amazonite in 22kt gold bezel.

2 Likes

Electra Cuff

Materials: shibuichi, 22KT gold, sea glass, silver
Dimensions: 2"X6"

Etched shibuichi alloy with 22kt gold and sea glass.

2 Likes

Blue Labyrinth Pendant

Materials: shibuichi, silver, sea glass
Dimensions: 2"x2"

Chased labyrinth design on shibuichi, with silver backing, with Victorian era sea glass.

2 Likes

Sea Candy Ring

Materials: sea glass, 22kt gold, reticulated silver, recyled diamond
Dimensions: 1.5"x1"

Rare orange colored sea marble, found on the NE coast of England, is set in 22kt gold, with recyled diamond and reticulated silver band.

1 Like

Pink Sea Candy Ring

Materials: sea glass, 22kt gold, reticulated silver, recyled diamond
Dimensions: 1.5"x.5"

Victorian era sea glass from the NE coast of England, is set in 22kt gold with recyled diamond and reticulated band.

1 Like

Tidepool Ring

Materials: copper, silver, sea glass, diamond
Dimensions: 1"x1"

etched copper ring band is lined in fine silver, with sea glass and recycled diamond.

3 Likes

Dionysus Ring

Materials: Ancient Greek coin, 22kt, 18kt gold, reticualted silver, ruby
Dimensions: 1.5"x.5"

This coin has has a portrait of Dionysus, God of Wine on the reverse side. It was the inspiration for a series called Bacchanal Rings, which I am still adding too, when I find the right coins!

1 Like

Nymph

Materials: Ancient Sicilean coin, 22kt, 18kt gold, reticualted silver, diamonds.
Dimensions: 1"x1"

This coin was made in the Greek colony of Syracuse in Sicily, where the finest numismatic art was achieved. The reverse side (which is visible from the back) shows an octopus.

1 Like

Honey Bee Ring

Materials: Ancient Greek coin, from Ionia, 22kt , 18kt gold, reticulated silver, yellow diamond,
Dimensions: 1.5"x1"

This is part of a series called Bacchanal Rings. Inspired by the ancient rites of Dionysus and the Elegian Mysteries.
The band is 18kt gold, hand form using ancient metlasmithing techniques.

1 Like