Jody S Ochs - Jewelry Gallery

Jody S Ochs
Jody Ochs Design
Weaverville, North Carolina. USA

My work is hand formed and fabricated in sterling silver, with fine silver or 22 karat gold bezels and accents, often Using gem stones and pearls as the focal point. My inspiration comes from the nature surrounding me in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina, and places I have lived and traveled. Sculptural, elegant and fluid. My current work includes spiculums, and hollow forming using both anti-clastic and synclastic techniques.

A Minnesota native, I began my career in 1994 by designing and creating jewelry by wrapping raw gemstones in gold and silver wire. Next, I taught myself lapidary skills, and began carving my own stones.

Seeking more challenge and a way to expand my design ideas, I decided to learn fabrication - I am mostly self-taught, attending weekend workshops when time allows, the most influential mentor is Betty Helen Longhi. Growing up in the military service, I have lived in many places, including Japan and Germany, and traveled most of Europe. In 1997, a strong yearning to take my journey to a more peaceful, quiet lifestyle, prompted my move from the inner city of Minneapolis to the pristine mountains of North Carolina. Nestling in the mountains near Asheville, has given way to a more intimate relationship with nature, and allowed me the peace of mind to expand both my creativity and metal smithing skills.

Materials: Sterling Silver, 18 and 22 Karat Gold Dimensions: 2.5" x 1.25 x .30

Hollow formed spiculums, solder connected with a Blue Topaz set in 22 Karat Gold, pendant.