J.Grahl Design (Jewelry Illustrations)

Yes, I remember. This one was a TINY ring. Size 4, and it was still a little too big on the client. Stunning in person, I am sure I can find a picture somewhere.

I like the idea of magic as well. I struggle back and forth with what people would like, but like you think that the more involved they are, the more likely they are to love the piece. To see all the work that goes into making it seems to drive home how special it is.

Thanks for the thoughts!
Erich

A couple more to add to the mix.
Pencil on velum, just exploring ideasā€¦
Thanks, Jim

1 Like

Off the bench stuff, Client work, sketches are pencil on stationary, all circa 1980 (ish).
Enjoy,
Jim

1 Like

Hi,
I just found these illustrations on, what evolved into, the necklace shown in the first shots.
The last illustration was done in Graphic, essentially hand illustrated with a Wacom pad / pen, rather than a pencil (+percsā€¦)
Enjoy,
Jim

1 Like

Jim,
What a beautiful necklace - quite delicate work Are the carved crystals and gold findings meant to be Lily of the Valley? Where did you find the crystal elements?
Iā€™m working on a set of 18kt yellow gold lily of the valley earrings that has upgraded itself to a necklace & earring set. My client that found me thru my etsy site & is just wonderful (a long term patron in the making). Iā€™ve been carving away to get graduated sizes and a very naturalistic look. Your work is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing (always).
Eileen

Hi
What youā€™re doing is quite beautiful.
I look forward to seeing the end piece.
My beads were Reneā€™ Lalique, circa 1910 ish. Blue opalized , hand blown (into a mold) glass. White rare, The fittings are 18K rose gold, the pearls are all natural, salt water, (Gublin /GIA certs).
Thanks,
Jim