Hearts - Jewelry Gallery

I have taken a new direction in my work, or my work has taken me in a new direction, depending upon how you view life. Since the price of gold is so high it does not allow me to work at the pace I enjoy and certainly makes my work very expensive since I use 22k. I have returned to a much earlier time period in my bench-life when I experimented more, created much looser work and was not so constricted to measurements and strict guidelines. Perhaps this comes with age, more confidence in my skills,lack of funds to purchase an abundance of gold, a desire for new endeavors, a creative surge, or all of the above. I have incorporated all the many skills I have learned over a lifetime of classes and work and metal-smithing knowledge. In creating this heart collection I have incooperated chasing, repousse, kum-boo, riveting, raising, soldering, experimenting and lots of fun and discovery. Each piece created leads me to another idea, a new experiment and more excitement. Hope you enjoy them… anni

elongated collage heart / rivets / 24k/ silver/ copper/raising/soldering

heart pendant/ reticulated silver/22k/soldering/hammering/

heart pendant/ reticulated silver/22k/soldering/hammering/

small collage heart / rivets/ solder/ 24k/ silver/ cooper/raising

small collage heart / rivets/ solder/ 24k/ silver/ cooper/raising

plump heart - collage - silver/copper/riveted/soldered/raised and hammered

plump heart - collage - silver/copper/riveted/soldered/raised and hammered

stitched up heart - silver/copper, silver wire, raised, hammered, riveted

stitched up heart - silver/copper, silver wire, raised, hammered, riveted

constructed/deconstructed raised and then hammered “washer” rings with kum-boo, white or black diamonds

constructed/deconstructed raised and then hammered “washer” rings with kum-boo, white or black diamonds