Grobet handpiece breaking

Has anyone experienced Grobet 34.367 handpiece coming apart? This is the second time.

Da*n, contact the company immediately as this is not acceptable!

Keep us informed…please!!..;(

Gerrysdiamondsettingessays.com.

blogspot.com

Gerry, On my iPhone!

Hi Gerry, I sent Canada Grobet an email. In the meantime, I am not working!

Regards,

Deb Haug

deb@gemrapture.ca

1-780-953-8234

To follow up with my broken Grobet handpiece. They didn’t call or email me back but I did call them. Then referred me to USA office. The initial response was “we discontinued that handpiece but we sell better ones”… hmmm right not buying another one! So further discussion, the bottom portion can be put into a vise and popped off. As to why the inner shaft would unscrew itself, is unknown, my Grobet does not reverse. So, I have ordered a second handpiece a Foredom, I guess I should have spent the extra $$ and bought a Foredom in the first place. Lesson learned.

Hi Deborah

Very poor “customer service” on their behalf. I have an old ‘Fordeom" motor and wouldn’t trade it in for anything. Lesson learned at least they should have tried to help you as a past customer, notice the two words “past customer”. "Their loss is Foredome’s gain!!’

BTW, why did they discontinue that older piece, were they having problems also? Sounds like a very strange reply!

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Hi Gerry,

I didn’t ask why they discontinued it, probably because it comes apart!

Regards,

Deb Haug

deb@gemrapture.ca

1-780-953-8234

Hi Deborah

Maybe you should have asked them which overseas country that handpiece was assembled? I can give you only one guess, but on this email…:>(

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Update the Grobet handpiece & customer service. To clarify, I emailed the Canadian site, at 9:30 MST I had no reply, so I called the Canadian site. The person who answered seem a little befuddled and clarified that I was calling Canada. I was put through to the person who received the email and had forwarded it on to USA. That was the individual who informed me it had be discontinued and wanted to sell me a newer model. When I declined and he couldn’t help he provided the contact in USA, who did not clarify whether it was discontinued.

The reason for this clarification is that I have received 2 calls from long time Grobet customers but not from Grobet themselves. One of the calls has been in contact with Grobet USA and they want to know who is responsible for the misinformation of being discontinued and poor service. So I stand by my claim of poor service from Grobet. I still have no working handpiece!

Deb Haug
deb@gemrapture.ca

So my new friend Richard Lucas helped me fix the handpiece. I needed extra strength and a stronger grip on the vise grips. The bottom portion of the handpiece, unscrews and I got it off. The inside is just a nut that screws back on to the shaft. I used a wrench this time to tighten the nut. So if it come apart on you, you can repair it, just need to eat your wheaties! Thank you Ganoskin Members for your help!

This the best form of one jeweller helping another. Shame on Grobet for not coming to the aid of their customers, pity!

Https://Gerrysdiamondsettingessays.

blogspot.com/

Gerry, On my iPhone!

Deborah

I can’t imagine the head-office reading about their poor ”customer’s service” in this case. Don’t they realize just how many people are reading about this latest problem?

Ganoksin is not just one person, but thousands! I know personally that even in my blog, the numbers have reached now over 20,056 readers.

I think some heads might roll, agree?.;(

Https://Gerrysdiamondsettingessays.

blogspot.com/

Gerry, On my iPhone!

Someone needs a head shake! Still no word from them. Oh well.

Deb