Finding fine silver granules

Here’s an update on the search for fine silver granules. I am happy to report that I have found a source! Scientific Alloys Corp., Phone: (973) 864-3160 ; Email: Sales@scientificalloyscorp.com.

I had made up my mind that I would have to spend the time making the small granules I use, and checked one of the sources, as a last resort, that was suggested on Orchid in response to my request. That source sent me to Scientific Alloys and I couldn’t be more pleased with the response. They have no minimum order, which, as a one-person studio jeweler, was very important to me.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and sources. It’s been a lengthy search, but, due to Orchid, sort of indirectly, success has been achieved.

BTW, I believe that S.A.C. is about to join our ranks on Orchid, so look for their info right here in our community.

2 Likes

Nice to hear a happy ending! Would be great to have SAC join us!

SORRY ORCHID MEMBERS

Did you every live in Los Angeles?

I worked with a Linda Kaye Moses in a different field.

Jill

Nope, not I. My last name is hypenated…K-M.

Since they are a scientific company which produces “flawless precision spheres”, wouldn’t they be much more expensive than from a jewelers’ supply…

Janet in Jerusalem

I checked every ‘jeweler’s’ supply company I knew about, plus those that were suggested on Orchid. Not one of them will produce/stock/sell granules of any constant/regular/specific size. Many offer casting shot, but this material is not suitable for granulation.

I can’t tell you how pleased I was to find S.A.C. They are a joy to work with and produced my granules (which they call spheres) to my specs and almost immediately. This company is truly a treasure and I do hope that they plug in to Orchid and that Orchidians who do granulations consider using their services.

Disclaimer here: I don’t work for or receive any money from S.A.C.

As I think I posted last year, Karl Fisher in Germany supplies graded beads for granulation in silver and gold, various karats, from 0.25mm and up.

Thanks Ajoure.net, now we have two sources for granules. I don’t recall seeing your previous post on this, so thanks for posting the information again.

Can you tell us S. A. C. 'S pricing per gram or ounce of granules of a size?

I’m comparing as I may order from Mark Fisher.

Many Thanks

LaLinda
October 28

I checked every ‘jeweler’s’ supply company I knew about, plus those that were suggested on Orchid. Not one of them will produce/stock/sell granules of any constant/regular/specific size. Many offer casting shot, but this material is not suitable for granulation.

I can’t tell you how pleased I was to find S.A.C. They are a joy to work with and produced my granules (which they call spheres) to my specs and almost immediately. This company is truly a treasure and I do hope that they plug in to Orchid and that Orchidians who do granulations consider using their services.

Disclaimer here: I don’t work for or receive any money from S.A.C.

Easier if you just contact them yourself. They are very responsive to questions about pricing, shipping, etc. I’m happy with the product and the cost to me. Plus they are based in the good ol’ USA and manufacture everything onsite.

Thanks Linda.

I contacted SAC for 0.8 mm ⁣fine silver granules and received them yesterday. Fast delivery and excellent quality.

The folks at SAC were very helpful and fast. (Christopher was my contact)
I can recommend them.

Isn’t it great when a plan works out! Glad you got what you needed.

Thank you both for the nice compliments. Was glad we could help. And it was a pleasure to work with you both.

Heres my contact info for anyone else out there just in case:

Christopher Pian
Sales Manager
Scientific Alloys Corporation
(973) 478-8323