And another way to get over the fear of being burned, is knowing that
there is something that can kill the pain and help heal the wound
right away. I have used this product since 1965 when I was burned
frying shrimp. Hot grease splashed onto my left arm from my wrist to
my elbow. The pain was horrendous, I put everything I could think of
onto my arm to no avail. Until, I remembered reading a flyer inside
the bottle of Phillips Milk of Magnesia.
I shook up the bottle and poured it onto my burning arm and as soon
as it started to dry, the pain eased, and when it was totally dry,
there wasn’t any pain left. I used a terry wash cloth and brushed the
Milk of Magnesia off of my arm and finished frying my dinner. I
didn’t have a blister or swelling either. I never had any scarring on
my arm and to look at my arm a person wouldn’t have known I had a 3rd
degree burn on my arm.
Since that time, I keep Phillips’ Milk of Magnesia on my stove, my
workbench and on my soldering table.
I have been burned by my stove/oven, but I don’t worry about it
anymore. My son when he was 3 years old, stepped on a old fashioned
floor furnace grate and burned the bottom of his feet, I yanked him
up onto my lap and poured Milk of Magnesia onto the soles of his
feet and when it had dried he jumped down still bare footed and went
out to play. When he stepped onto the grate the second time, I asked
him, didn’t he learn the first time not to step onto something he
knew was hot and he said, yes but he knew the medicine would stop the
pain so he didn’t bother going around the grate. The only Milk of
Magnesia that works is the brand “Phillips” Plain without any mint or
coloring in it.
I don’t own any stock in this product, but sure wish I had.
My children all have grown up using Phillips’ Milk of Magnesia on
their children and neighbors. I wouldn’t try to solder without having
this product next to my bench, just incase of an accident.
This has taken away the fear of being burned while I am soldering or
trying to teach someone else to solder.