Exhaust venting & buff dust

It is sealed over the sump hole. The house is new so things are pretty tight. The system draws a vacuum on the sump hole and this vacuum is communicated to the air under the slab. The slab is also sealed. The plan is for any radon that is in the air under the slab to be pulled by vacuum to the sump hole up through the blower and vented to the outside. Any suction that I create above the slab to move dirty air out of my basement shop would be pulling against the suction of the radon system. I really don’t think that this is a problem because I have turned on all three vents and there is no change in the radon suction manometer reading. I suppose that I could install much larger blowers that could create a suction large enough to pull radon into the basement…Rob

if the sump suction is sealed then there would no negative pressure problem… I really don’t think that you have major problem on your hands…even if not sealed… by measuring radon levels with the exhausts running you already have solved your problem.

I know that I really didn’t have a problem. I am just throwing this out there for others to consider who might either be too shy or just not know enough to ask the question. I have been a teacher all of my life. Teachers learn to recognize what others need to know, even if they don’t know it at the time, and put it out there for them to consider when the time is right. Unlike many discussion boards where people just go on about what they know, Orchid is a place where you can be fairly certain that, if you have a question and ask it, it will be answered in a non-judgmental and practical way by someone who knows the answer and what they need to understand it…Rob

getting another opinion is never unhelpful. People can share their own experiences which makes our community a great place to be… everyone has something positive to contribute. thank you .

what I’m concerned about is the presence of radon in the first place. the uranium content of the bedrock or sedimentary strata determines the radon levels that seep into basements. I don’t have that problem in m neighborhood but there are others not that far away that do… I don’t know where you are situated but you don’t have to say if you don’t want to… just whether your house is situated on granite or on sandstone or shale.