Back to Ganoksin | FAQ | Contact

Carrie Lousie Moore - Jewelry Gallery

Wrapture Gems Jewelry
Auckland, Waikato. New Zealand

I am a Jewelry Artist living in beautiful New Zealand, home of the “Flight of the Concordes” and “Lord of the Rings”.

I enjoy working with opal, rare and unique genuine 100% natural gems and pearls.
I am fascinated with natures bounty in the realm of gemstones and do my best to create a setting to enhance the beauty of the gemstone I am working with.
I have always loved jewellery and have had a fascination for precious and semi-precious gemstones since I was child. I remember collecting rocks and waiting for them to reveal their hidden beauty as they came out of the lapidary tumbler in my Dads workshop.

Opal is a particular passion of mine and I cut my own freeform solid opals for use in my jewellery designs. I am loathe to grind away any of the beautiful fire so I leave most of my opal pieces in free-form shape. This lends itself to simple designs or to more intricate wire-woven techniques and metal smithing.

Materials: Sterling silver sheet, argentium silver wire, 14kt gold-filled wire,solid Australian opal,garnet,peridot,citrine,oregon stunstone
Dimensions: 2 inches from top of pendant to bottom

Hybrid design featuring a 4.95 carat Solid Opal from Coober Pedy as a focal point.
It incorporates metal smithing and wire wrapping with the use of solid 925 sterling silver sheet metal, argentium 930 (tarnish resistant) sterling silver wire & 14kt gold-filled wire.

This is a double hanger, meaning it has a bail at top and bottom so can be worn as pictured.
Pendant measure 2 inches long (52mm)

My aim to create unique & beautiful wearable art to treasure for years to come.

All gemstone are genuine, natural & untreated.

1 X 4.95 ct opal - The opal is a SOLID opal, with red orange fire & flashes of gold, green, purple, & blue. It measures 22mm long x 11mm at widest point x 3.5mm thick.

1 x 7mm faceted copper Oregon Sunstone

1 x 4mm Peridot - bezel set
1 x 4mm Garnet - bezel set
1 x 4mm Citrine - bezel set.

Larger bail above oregon sunstone can take up to a 5 - 6mm round chain or a 10mm flat omega type chain.

Smaller bottom bail can take up to a 4mm chain.

Photo credit: Carrie Moore