Burning out photopolymer will always create an ash that will not
come out of the flask. In other words, no you cannot burn the stuff
out for casting. It would be great if you could. That is unless you
don’t care about pitting, porosity and quality castings.
It is similar to casting organics, there is always some residue
remaining in the flask that will create a spot of porosity that is
The way it was done many years ago is that the flask was burnt out
and left to cool. Then mercury was poured into the flask upside down
and poured back out. The mercury would gather the ash and leave a
clean flask for reheating and casting. Not so cool to do now days.
I make a mold and inject a wax.
Southeast Technical College