Book- The Teaching of Drawing by I.H. Morris

Hi,

I saw this book, The Teaching of Drawing” by I.H. Morris (1884 copy!) …on an instagram reel, and thought I would share…Do you have it? is it good?

(Do you have favorite jewelry/ design books you would recommend? )

…it looked “right up my alley”! I found a 4th edition on AbeBooks.com and got one with this same cover…there seems to be books of the same title with different covers and bindings…but i am not sure if they are actually the same book…?)

I struggle with design…and drawing…

During my searching, I read a little that I.H. Morris has another book, Geometrical drawing For Art Students…no wonder I was drawn to it!…that is kind of how my mind works…(learning Matrix/Rhino CAD has been good for me in that it is easier for me to surface model on screen (with all the lovely precision available) than it is for me to draw…but design still eludes me…

From what I little could see, it also kinda reminds me of the teaching in the book Jewelry Making and Design by Augustus Rose and Antonio Cirino…

I love jewelry and design books…

1,250 Likes, 150 Comments - 𝐉𝐈𝐀® (@jewelryinstitute) on Instagram: "Learn to draw ? 1894 copy !
DM AND we will send u a free PDF copy ☺️
!

#MasterSetter #Diamondsettersociety #JewellerySchool #PaveSetting #MasterJeweler #PaveDiamonds...

Julie