Atinuj Atty Tantivit - Jewelry Gallery

Atty is a jewelry designer/maker based in Bangkok, Thailand. Her jewelry is created in limited or small production, with some one of a kind pieces. Beside creating hand-made jewelry, Atty also designs fine jewelry thourgh direct commissions.

Atty alsoacts as the president of Tanim, a special interest group that promotes art and contemporary jewelry/metalsmithing in Thailand.

Artist Statement:

Balancing Act I:

Strong women in today’s world inspire me. As a person, I hope to exhibit both strength and fragility at the same time. My jewelry creation is no exception. A balance between feminine and masculine qualities is the heart of my design.

The complexity of today’s women inspires my design. Women could be warm or cold, confident or vulnerable depending on the situation. The metals used in my pieces demonstrate these qualities: yellow gold being warm and vulnerable while sterling silver being cold and confident. The contrast in the use of the metals is sometimes subtle, other times clearly visible just like how a woman wants to express herself and her feelings at different times.

Balancing Act II:

Like an environmentalist stuck in a concrete jungle, I yearn to find a balance between man-made and natural environments. This has become an inspiration in my works where geometric forms represent man-made quality while curved lines represent nature. The shapes and forms of various elements are put together to form a balanced body of designs.

Balancing Act III:

Being a born Buddhist, I try to live my life in moderation. There’s no extreme at either end. Exaggeration is not what I intend to represent, nor is blandness. I was taught to be content with what I have, more importantly, who I am and be the best I can be for the society I live in. I hope to pass my socially responsible thoughts on to my pieces. It is the soul of my designs.

Photo Credit: Noppadon

Bar Ring Series; Rings; 18 K Goldm 925 Silver

Our of the Tube

Our of the Tube; Ring; 18 K Gold, 925 Silver, Freshwater Pearls

Hanuman

Hanuman: Lord of the Ling; Pendant; 18 K Gold, 925 Silver, Bone Bead

Secret of the Black Pearl

Secret of the Black Pearl; Rings, Tahitian Pearl, 18 K Gold, Diamond