Asbestos from the 1970's

I went to a jewelry school, state run along with a watch making
program. It was at a Vo Tech School. It closed in the 1980’s. We used
asbestos pads that were dusty. The asbestos had a musty smell and
seem to make one’s nose dry for a moment. I am wondering if anyone
out there is experiencing pulmonary problems in later years.
Asbestosis has a latency period of 20 years. I had a pulmonary
function test last week that showed I have small airway obstruction
or restriction. Though I smoked I don’t show symptoms of COPD.
Anybody having problems that has worked in jewelry that far back. In
the 1980’s when I bought equipment from home it was no longer made of