Thanks Rhonda for your reply. The pieces certainly look good in your photos.
I was using a 1mm or 1.2mm strip about 23 cms long and about 1cm wide, and .5mm wire. Since it was a bangle the wires lay lengthwise running along the sides of the base. I had used a scorer to make a groove about 3 mm in from the edges and laid my wire in the groove.
Some areas fused without problems but others just lifted, attached by the parts that had been successful, and refused to reconnect afterwards. So I cut them out. It spoiled my original design. But failure in one area can lead to a good thing. Lemons and lemonade comes to mind. Ever optimistic!
So I tried to arrange the areas where I had cut the sections of wire out in an equidistant pattern around the bangle, flattened those areas and curved the bits between. I measured my cabs (4mm) and made bezels with flattened (rolled) bits of argentium wire. These were to go on the flat bits not the curved areas. So often they looked like they were fixed only to fall off after quenching and pickling. I did use a brass brush and soapy water to clean the piece, after the pickle.
I think I ended up with 7 bezels but I must have made 10 or 12 before I was finished. Now the bezels seemed to fuse together in a circle quite happily. But they did not want to attach to my base. They did in the end but not without a struggle.
It’s been an expensive learning curve, but having watched the videos where it also seemed so simple,I bought enough to make 3 bangles and then some! I was truly disappointed. No doubt the fault is mine. I just wanted help and advice. Which lots of people have been very generous to advise me. H