Alison B. Antelman - Jewelry Gallery

Antelman.com

The Metropolis Collection is inspired by the vitality of a cityscape. My jewelry is hand fabricated and forged, like the cities that are its inspiration. I’ve also been exploring the idea of hanging gardens which bring nature into city life. These designs take inspiration from the canyons and peaks of the city and the decorative elements of its botanical forms & shapes. My designs use these motifs from the spectacular urban landscape.

I make all of my own hinges, settings, hollow fold-formed pods, and clasps. I use recycled 18, 22k gold, sterling silver, semi-precious & precious stones in raw, faceted and smooth surfaces. This work is not cast -it is all hand fabricated. Utilizing hammers, I sink and form the metal creating hollow form pods. I hand fabricate the clasps, incorporating them directly into the design allowing function, as well as adornment. I am drawn to the relationship between the metal, stones, movement and form, and how they transform the wearer within their environment.

Materials: 18 & 22k yellow gold, oxidized sterling, blue zircon, tourmaline, rose cut diamonds,natural lightning ridge mine Opal Dimensions: 8" x 16" x .50"

Hand fabricated and forged, fold formed, hollow synclastic forms (spiculum), hinged, Opal set on hand-made front box clasp. Not Cast.

Photo credit: Eric Smith

Metropolis II: Reflections on the Hudson

Materials: 18 & 22k yellow gold, oxidized sterling, faceted and cabochon blue and green tourmaline, peridot, and vesuvianite
Dimensions: 2.50" x 8" x .25"

Hand fabricated and forged, hinged, fold formed, hollow synclastic forms (spiculum), vesuvianite set on hand-made box clasp in front with blue faceted stone as button to release clasp. Not Cast

Photo credit: Eric Smith

Hanging Garden Necklace

Materials: 18 & 22k yellow gold, oxidized sterling, faceted and cabachon blue tourmaline, rose cut diamonds.
Dimensions: 3" x 4" x .25"

Hand fabricated and forged, fold formed, hollow synclastic forms (spiculum) ,Not Cast.

Photo credit: Eric smith