Back to Ganoksin | FAQ | Contact

Alcohol Lamp Fuel


Where or where di I get fuel for my alcohol lamp? I used to use
methanol. Daddy had it in HIS drugstore. These chain boxed stores
don’t carry it.

What’s it being called these days? Help?

Thanks Justine


It is still called methanol. You just don’t find it at drugstores
anymore. I buy it from an automotive speed shop that sells it as
racing fuel. Don’t expect to find it at national chain auto parts
store such as Autozone. You will have to look in the phonebook and
call around to find it. I pay about $4.75/gal for it in Little Rock.