Aaron Willoughby - Jewelry Gallery

I particularly love tropical beaches and the ocean, where I can immerse all my senses in the elemental energies I find there. In many of my pieces, I interpret natural and manmade forms and forces. Seeking to use form, shape, texture, structure and motion to translate sensory details into tangible art.

Extinct Sand Shark Teeth - 2007 / 44cm Sterling Silver 14k Gold - Cuttle Cast Individually

These teeth demonstrate cuttle casting’s ability to faithfully reproduce exact copies of an original model. In these pieces, I have used a fossilized shark’s tooth to fashion duplicates of the original in sterling silver. The natural fingerprint of the cuttlebone is left on the back of each casting making each tooth unique and similar
at once.

After linking the teeth, I create a hidden clasp.

Finally, I use the original fossilized tooth or a tooth cast in a contrasting metal as the centerpiece of the necklace, leaving an uninterrupted circle of sharks’ teeth around the wearer’s neck.

1 Like

Sea Foam 2007

Sea Foam - 2007 / 14mm Black Tahitian pearl 14k gold and fine silver wire woven in Sterling chain length 50cm

Flower 2003

Flower 2003 / Sterling Silver Flower with Copper Worm

Candle Sticks 2004 - 2007

Candle Sticks 2004 - 2007 / Candlesticks Copper and Sterling Silver Marriage of Metals hollow-form construction

Smokey Tidepool

Sterling Silver Necklace, Abalone, Smokey Quartz, approx. 2" x .75. Pendant and chain are fabricated. Shell and Stone’s are cut by me.

Wave Cuff

Bronze, Nickel Marriage of Metals - Heat Patina

Wave Cuff

Wave Cuff