Orchid Granulation Contest - With prizes sponsored by Scientific Alloys

OK - judging is complete! A big thanks to @JimGrahlDesign for helping us out! These folks will each receive $200 worth of fine silver granules from @cpian at Scientific Alloys.

We really appreciate EVERYONE who participated, and I hope many beautiful things are made with these granules. Feel free to return to this thread to show off what you make with them!

If you are listed below, please go to this linlk to fill in the address to send your prize to!

1. @ErichCDesigns1
  2. @NymphaeaBlue
  3. @margaretcowhig
  4. @ishiatsu
  5. @LaLinda
3 Likes

Hooray, I am so excited!

But- that link doesnā€™t work- it says itā€™s private and I donā€™t have permission to view it. Can I just email the info they need?

Thanks-
Micah
Nymphaea Blue

Dear Chrisopher Pian (@cpian) of Scientific Alloys, Jim Grahl (@JimGrahlDesign), and
Seth Rosen (@seth-ganoksin-admin),

Thank you so much. I feel honored and encouraged.

My best to you and this wonderful community,
Lois

1 Like

Try it one more time please - I fixed the permissions :wink:

Thank you so very much Seth Rosen, Jim Grahl, and Chrisopher Pian. Iā€™m deeply honored and humbled to have been selected from among so many talented artists!

Thank you once again!

Erich

Worked just fine- thanks!

What awesome company to be inā€¦

Thanks to all the jurors for awarding me fine silver granules. One question: Is there any chance that I can request a specific mm size of the granules?

Linda Kaye-Moses
lindakm@berkshire.net

1 Like

To You-all (Southern California yaā€™ knowā€¦)
All of you did an amazing job of demonstrating a remarkably difficult process. Each of you have demonstrated attention to quality and creativity. Whether self taught or benefitting from professional training , youā€™ve created a homage to the rich history of granulation.
While there could, by nature, be a limited number of winners, each entry is now the source of a photo archive of a certain individual perspective of granulationā€™s application.
Each photo and story adds to the history and opens the door for further self expression by others.
You do beautiful work.
Thank you for sharing this with all the rest of this community.
Best,
Jim

1 Like

Thanks, Jim,
I am so pleased to have been selected to receive one of the awards.

Linda Kaye-Moses
lindakm@berkshire.net

1 Like

Congratulations to all who won and to all those who entered.

2 Likes

Great job folks! Love seeing this stuff.

1 Like

Hi @LaLinda - message @cpian and ask :wink: I am sure he will help you if he can.

wow! drum roll, please! exciting!! congratulations to all who entered! everyoneā€™s pieces were so beautiful!

I cannot wait to see the next contest!

maybe enameling? (I love enameling) or repousse?..or wirewrapping? (wirewrapping can be such a feat of construction!) or vessels (yes! vessels!)ā€¦orā€¦boxes!..or found object inspired pieces!..or lapidary!..orā€¦forming!..(stakes and hammers!)ā€¦or tiaras! (eveyone should have at least two!) (I was watching a youtube channel where the jeweler was transforming a diamond and gemstone bracelet into a headpiece (removable fixture)!

Julie

Hello Everyone!

I would just like to thank all of you who participated in the contest, and also congratulate our winners. It was a privilege to see such fine craftsmanship.

Just a note to our winners, your prizes will ship very soon so keep an eye out for them.

If interested in a quote or for any questions about our products or company please feel free contact me directly. Do not hesitate.

Recently some of our granule products have been repriced, and we now offer some smaller quantity options on 18K and 22K gold granules.

Thank you all again!

Christopher Pian
Sales Manager
Scientific Alloys
973 478 8323
cpian@scientificalloyscorp.com

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get a catalogue from the contest sponsors? I finally got my granules, and theyā€™re nice and evenly sized, looks like good quality, and Iā€™d like to do business with them.

Iā€™ve emailed and messaged several times- to the company generally and directly to Christopher as heā€™s asked folks to above- and still no catalogue. This is my last try at giving them some business before I go back to ordering my granules from Otto Frei.

-Micah
Nymphaea Blue

Micah,

I quoted you my entire granule product line. What more precisely would you like sir? I am eager to business. Quote #1636. Sent 4/10/17. Whole product line. Your post is therefore confusing to me.

For the record we do not use a standing catalog for our granules. I have the pricing structures in place to turn around extremely FAST quote requests in either Sterling silver, Fine Silver, 18K gold, 22K gold, Argentium. Just tell me what you want. I simply need a metal, size, and quantity. Anyone who calls or shoots me an email and will have pricing immediately. We at Scientific Alloys care very much about our customers, we have built a reputation on quality, consistency, and customer satisfaction over 35 years. Any suggestion to the contrary is quite ill-informed.

I invite anyone who needs perfect uniform shiny granules to give me a call any time, or email me and Scientific will be on the case!

Christopher Pian
Sales Manager
Scientific Alloys Corporation
973 478 8323
cpian@scientificalloyscorp.com

Christopher,
I never received a quote from you- if I had, I would not have posted here. I also private messaged you more recently than 4/10 asking for a catalogue, and I received no reply. If you did send a quote, please send it again.

-Micah
Nymphaea Blue

Of course. Quotes are ready. Do you want to try a new email? Or shall I use the O@G one?

Thatā€™s probably the issue- I donā€™t have an email address anything like that one, so you likely have me mixed up with someone else as regards the quote you sent last month. But, I did get the quote you sent to my correct address just now, so thank you!

-Micah

No problem. Apologies again. I didnā€™t have it mixed it was the only email I had on file for you. I donā€™t check the forum every day. Call or email me any time

Chris