Jewelry making online tutorials- AtTheBench.com

Hello!

For my very first post on the new and improved Orchid website, I wanted to share a resource that I think is fantastic. I first heard about it here on Orchid a while ago, and wanted to give my recommendation as well.

It is called AtTheBench.com (out of the UK)

(it is a paid site with a very modest monthly or annual fee)

If you would like to check it out, there are many “freeview” videos on the site that can be viewed for free.

The instructors name is Andrew Berry, and free videos can also be found on YouTube.

The main reason I feel compelled to mention this site is because I wish I had known about it when I was first learning how to make jewelry many years ago, and maybe by mentioning it now, someone will benefit from knowing about it.

I am always looking to learn new things, and I scoured my area and took every class and workshop I could find. I bought every book I could get my hands on. I collected tools, set up a workspace, and started to put the mileage in to learning to hand make jewelry. I read Orchid daily.

A hand’s on learning classroom environment is great. But the next best thing (or even better!) as a supplement, these videos are very, very informative, on-demand, so you can watch as many videos as you want, whenever you want, as many times as you want, (without driving anywhere!) (Just like Orchid!)

The projects range from very simple, to quite advanced…from making a simple band, to fabricating a halo ring, and setting all the stones…there are product reviews that show how to use interesting pieces of equipment…and much much more! I learn something new with every project. I love learning new tricks!

I marathon viewed almost all of the 1000+ videos in the video bank, and would like to say that in my humble opinion they are fantastic. There seems to be very little editing in that you see almost everything as it is being done. The video resolution is very good. The video is taken from many angles and very close up so that you can see everything very clearly…you can see the solder run!

I originally saw this site mentioned here, and recommended it to a friend that wanted to learn how to make jewelry. Then, I decided that I should at least join for one month so that I can see what I am recommending. I loved it so much, I signed up for a year.

They also have an affiliate program, where you can earn credits toward future membership fees, when someone clicks in using your affiliate link. (I am not posting mine here, as my intention is not to solicit anything. I just want to share my experience with this wonderful resource.)

Best Regards,
Julie

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: At the bench online learning