Granulation Skill Sets

Does anyone have any interesting or impressive examples of pieces made with a heavy amount of granulation?

I enjoy seeing new examples of granulation skills and want to learn more about the trade in general.

2 Likes

One of the best is Rhonda does awesome work…

Andy “The Tool Guy” Kroungold
Director Tool Sales & Stuller Bench
Stuller Inc.
P 1-800-877-7777 ext 4191 or 4194

1 Like

Hi Andy. Would that be Rhonda Storm? Does Stuller do alot of this kind of work? I was just poking around your website.
We manufacture precision granules.

Christopher Pian
Sales Manager
Scientific Alloys Corporation
(973) 478-8323

We don’t do a lot… I meant Rhonda Cordell she is awesome…

Stuller Inc.

1 Like

Rhonda Coryell is apparently the master. lol

She is very good……

Stuller Inc.

Speak with Cecelia Bauer at 212-354-1656
email: ceceliabauer@netzero.net
She has been teaching granulation for forever.

Christopher,

I think you have become my new best friend! I have been searching for somebody to produce granules for decades. I still covet my vials of 22K from SPM years ago. Ronda Coryell has been my teacher in both gold granulation, plus my mentor and Goddess in her 6 week Argentium course. Besides gold, of which I will likely split make an inquiry, I’m also in the market for Argentium. I have ones made by Bill Fretz which are quite good.

Gold on Argentium is my new friend. The alloy is so flexible and forgiving with gold that I can push boundaries in fabrication in great detail. If you can give us an idea of what an 1 oz of 22K, 1.0 mm would go for, we can start there. How tiny can you go? I have .07, 1.0 and 1.5 still in stock, but they are depleting with my new obsession.

Thank you for posting on Orchid. Yay.

Karen Christians
Western Avenue Studios #506
Lowell, MA 01851

cleverwerx@gmail.com
781 367 4992

Google Zaffiro Jewelry. I have pretty high standards for jewelry and own a
suite of their work in 22 KT gold set with golden south sea pearls. Jack
and Lizzie Gaultieri make beautiful things and their granulation work is
pristine.
-Jo Haemer
www.timothywgreen.com

Thanks Jo! I will definitely take a look. This is all very new to me. My processes however are already set up to manufacture all kinds of granules, something that at least for some people at first glance, seems hard to come by consistently. I can attest…making metal spheres/granules is messy difficult work. Good thing weve been doing it for 40 years. But thanks again!!! Still learning :slight_smile:

Chris

While I specialize in granulation as well, you really ought to check out Kent Raible’s work. It’s absolutely incredible.

Erich C. Shoemaker

Erich Christopher Designs, LLC

Harold O’Connor is definitely my granulation guru… he has been teaching granulation for ages (annual classes in Florence, IT and throughout US) and does beautiful organic work combining reticulation with granulation.

Here’s a piece of my own… not so heavily granulated… sterling and 18k Farmined gold.

Since you were looking for some images, I thought I’d throw some up for you of my work.

3 Likes

Kent Raible , goldenspherestudio.com does lovely work

You may want to look at Daniel Brush pieces. He also does very impressive granulation work.

Cyril

Very cool!!!

Wow that is some intricate work. Thank you so much for the pictures. Very impressive!

1 Like